Valentines Day again? Ugh.

Last year, I think I made it pretty clear as to where I stand on the whole Valentines Day thing. I think it's a commercialized, expensive, pressure-filled day. And in my opinion, it's completely void of real romance. After all, how romantic is it, really, when somebody sends you flowers because they think they have to? It's so much more romantic to receive flowers or a card or gift on a random day, just because your special someone is thinking of you.

So, in keeping with the idea of love, but still moving away from the commercial appeal and the forced romance, I've instead decided to use this "holiday" as a way of counting my blessings.

A List of Things I Love

1. Father, Son and Holy Spirit
2. My daughter
3. My spoiled rotten dog
4. My Family
5. My Friends
6. Honesty
7. Kindness
8. Cheesecake with fruit topping
9. Intellectually stimulating conversation
10. Hugs and kisses
11. Good movies
12. A rainy day with a good book
13. A warm fireplace in the winter
14. A clean house
15. A massage
16. Yoga
17. Music
18. The ocean
19. Candlelight
20. A long walk, hand in hand with someone I care about
21. CHOCOLATE!
22. Security and stability
23. A pretty spring day in my hammock
24. Laughter
25. Looking back on a job well done

What's on your love list?

Comments

Popular Posts