I'm Ashamed...

I have truly dropped the ball on my blogging. My mom and mother-in-law have told me numerous times that they can tell how busy I am by how often I'm writing. As you can tell by the date of the last post, I've been really busy. And because I remain busy even now, I'll make this a bullet point post. (I love alliteration!)

- On a whim and due to the encouragement of a fellow choir member, I auditioned for a role in the Ruston Community Theater's production of Annie Get Your Gun. I found out two days later that I was chosen to play the lead role of Annie Oakley. We've been rehearsing ever since. I'm having a ball! I am also elbow deep in memorizing 100 pages worth of script and 11 songs. We open at the Dixie Theater in Ruston on May 3 and run through May 6. (Our closing show is on my birthday!)

- The Broadway Belters show was a success and SO much fun! I sang three songs - "Diva's Lament" from Spamalot, "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Mis, and a duet with my friend Rocky Maddox from Wicked called "As Long As You're Mine." Lots of fun and so many wonderful performers!

- Our church choir Easter musical is this Sunday evening at 6:00 pm. So we've been rehearsing for that, too! It will be a wonderful evening full of beautiful worship music for our Lord.

- My darling daughter was chosen to represent her high school at the regional literary rally in psychology. She placed 2nd!!! So now she has to go to state rally in Baton Rouge, traveling by bus with the other smart RHS students, which is great news except for one thing. The test just happens to take place on her 16th birthday. I have assured her that we will make a huge deal out of her birthday when she gets back that evening and for the rest of the week. I'm so proud of my gal!!! She also tried out for and made the varsity cheerleading squad for next year. She's been busy, too!

Have a great weekend!!!

Comments

Popular Posts