Better Late than Never

I have really not done a very good job of posting in the past 6 months or so. So to the three or four of you who actually check this blog, I'm really sorry! Nothing's been wrong, I've just been insanely busy with my job, which I LOVE, and church activities, and Emily activities, and all sorts of other things.

A lot has happened in the past few months. I'll try to make it quick.

So, this happened:



This is the digital version of the Delta Style Magazine out of Monroe, LA. I was picked by the readers to be one of the 2013 "Sweet 16 - Most Influential Women of the Delta." That was pretty cool! I don't really understand why or how I was chosen, but it was an honor and I'm grateful. (You can click on the picture above to read the text, or this link will take you to the actual page: http://www.thenewsstar.com/misc/DS%20October%202013/Delta%20Style%20OCtober%202013/assets/basic-html/page139.html . )


Then, this happened:




This is my precious child with one of her competition cheer team's state championship trophies! The Ruston High cheer squad really is incredible. They work their tails off - practice every day after school and on Saturday mornings to prepare for competitions.  A couple of weeks ago, we went with the team to Dallas for the NCA closed national competition, where they placed 2nd, missing the championship by .63 pt. The way the scores are tallied, the judges take the top 2 scores of the three phases of competition from each group and add those together to get the winner. Had they simply added the scores of all three phases for each team, Ruston would have won first place. So that was a bit of a bummer for the girls, especially the seniors. Emily is a senior AND cheer captain, so it was a rough trip home. BUT they have one more competition in Louisville in a couple of weeks in a different division (Dallas was "Game Time" and Louisville will be "Performance/ Non-Tumbling") so we are hopeful they will win that one. Fingers crossed and prayers for safety appreciated! Especially since we will all be on a charter bus in late February traveling round trip from LA to KY. Yikes!


Then Christmas happened, along with this:




Okay, this is actually a behind-the-scenes picture. My dad and younger brother, Morgan, were at the camera adjusting the focus and whatnot while the rest of us were freezing and waiting for them to push the button and run into frame. As is usually the case, my brother, Trey, (back row, second from right) started clowning around. But what's UNusual is that it's a rare occasion that we get his clowning on film. The final photo was great. But this was my favorite because it's so real and so "in the moment" and totally explains what happens at my dad's house when we celebrate Christmas. Trey's son, who is standing second from the left, even seems surprised by his antics. Fun was obviously had by all.

That's it for now! I'll write again... well, whenever I get around to it, I guess. ;)






Comments

Popular Posts