The Countdown is ON!!!!

Lord willing, my family and I will be on our way to the beach in 5 days!!! Woo HOOOOO!!!!

We had intended not to go anywhere this summer, since we spent a large portion of last summer vacating and honeymooning and such. It just seemed like the right thing to do to stay home and PAY the bills instead of creating new ones. But a couple of months ago, a friend of ours hit us up with a great offer to vacate with him and his clan, and after pondering on it we decided it would be fun. So, to make what turned out to be a VERY long story short... we are headed to the beach after all.

I had a sort of mini-vacation this past weekend. Well, at least that's what I thought it would be. Both of the other humans who live in my house with me were gone on their own vacations (my husband on a baseball trip and my daughter in New Orleans with her bestie), so Lily and I had the place to ourselves. For the most part, it was nice and peaceful and relaxing.... at least until it got dark outside. See, I haven't stayed in the house alone since Teddy and I got married. I used to love having nights to myself! But this time, once the sun went down, I got the heebie jeebies. Every little noise, every little shadow on the curtains, every little EVERYTHING gave me the creeps. So I had three nights of not very much sleep. Of course, the back to back episodes of Criminal Minds on A&E didn't help, I realize. But this was the only time I could really watch back to back episodes of my favorite crime drama without shirking my responsibilities to my family. So... well... I just HAD to watch!

During our short "girls' weekend" Lily had a beauty day at the spa. She went in looking like this:


And she came out looking like this!


How cute is that?! I am fully aware that this look will not last very long. My poor tomboy of a dog has been trying to get that bow out of her noggin since I got her home Saturday. But at least I was able to capture the look in a photo. Although, I must admit she looks kinda mad at me in this picture. :)
Anyway, if everything goes as planned and there are no major catastrophies, we will be beachbound very soon. So my to-do list includes packing some comfy clothes and swimsuits, downloading an mp3 book and picking out a couple of trade paperbacks. Because, God willing, even if a storm rolls in, there is no better place to relax than on a balcony overlooking the ocean, with a glass of iced tea in one hand and a good book in the other, in the company of the people you love.

Comments

Popular Posts