A Little Drama

It's been a long week already and it's only Tuesday! I'm not complaining at all, though. The past several days, while filled from daylight to sundown with numerous responsibilities, have paid off.

One of the many things keeping me busy has been my involvement in a church drama called Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames. It's a drama created by Reality Outreach Ministries, which is an international organization that travels the world saving souls. To each church they visit, they bring set materials, props and scripts, and each church provides the rest, including volunteer actors from the congregation. Here is the link to their website if you want to learn more: http://www.realityoutreachministries.org/

I volunteered to act in the drama, and am playing in a scene that revolves around domestic violence. I play the role of an abused wife; a good friend (and one of the nicest guys I know) plays my abusive husband, and another friend's 9 year old son plays our child. It's a really serious scene, and one that requires a LOT of intense emotion. Tough stuff. Our cast - there are 8 different scenes, all with different actors -  rehearsed all day Saturday, and then after church Sunday until about two hours before the first show, which was Sunday night at 6pm. We performed the drama again last night (Monday), and our final performance is tonight (Tuesday).

For the entire hour prior to the opening curtain, the whole cast prays together. It's the most powerful prayer experience I've ever been a part of, because we are not praying for ourselves. We are praying for the people who will watch us, and who might be affected by what they see. We are praying that people might see themselves on our stage, and make a decision to stop living an earthly life, and begin living a Godly life. We were instructed by the Reality Outreach Ministry team to always remember that "it's not about us. It's about what God can do through us." And He has worked some mighty miracles. In the past two nights the altar call has produced nearly 150 commitments to Christ.

I will be back at the church this evening an hour before the show for one final cast prayer session. And while I cry and shake in terror as an abused wife on that stage tonight, I'll be praying that God speaks through me and reaches that person in the audience who needs to hear Him the most.

Comments

Popular Posts