Is it just me...???

I finished reading Heaven is for Real last night. I enjoyed it! It is a short book - only about 150 pages - and very easy to read. It's been on the New York Times best seller list for 55 weeks, so I'm a little late getting to it, but am glad I did. In case you are one of the few people who has never heard of it, the book is written by a pastor whose son, Colton, (almost 4 years old at the time) had a near-death experience and over the course of several years described in detail to his parents what he saw in heaven.

While I don't know if I believe everything in the book to be completely accurate, I do believe that SOMEthing happened to that little boy. And I believe that HE believes he saw and experienced heaven, and saw and spoke with Jesus Christ, Himself. Parts of Colton's account were truly fascinating and left me entirely intrigued.

One part of the story involves Colton's parents wanting to know what Jesus looked like. So over the next couple of years the parents would show their son pictures/paintings of Jesus and ask him if this or that picture was "right." All had something "not right" about them - hair, nose, eyes, etc - until one day they came across a story on CNN about the child prodigy/artist/poet Akiane (whose story and work you can see here: http://www.artakiane.com/ ). Akiane, a young girl raised by an atheistic mother, claims to have divine inspiration in creating art and poetry. At the age of 8 she painted "Prince of Peace," the face of Jesus Christ. When Colton's parents showed him this painting, he stared at it for several minutes without saying anything. Then he said, "This one's right."

Here's Akiane's "Prince of Peace."




Now, I have zero idea whether or not this is what Jesus looks like. And I think Akiane's work is remarkable. But I gotta say, when I first saw this painting, this is what I thought of.



Is it just me, or does Jesus look like Kenny Loggins?













Comments

Darrell said…
Only if Kenny got highlights.

Popular Posts