A Few Quick Things...

Justin Timberlake may have brought sexy back...
But I'm bringing the scrunchie back! I really don't understand why they became so "uncool," and I really don't care. I like them, they don't hurt my hair, and I'm going to wear them. So there!


About eye shadow...


This stuff lives up to its name. I have never, until now, found an eye shadow that will last longer than a half hour in the creases and outside corners of my eyes. This eye shadow really does last all day and night until I take it off. I'm not crazy about the shimmer in all the colors, as I prefer matte, but it doesn't matter. This stuff rocks.


A couple more reasons why I love my husband...

Here he is up in our maple tree, with saw in hand, trying to determine which branches need to be cut so as to prevent any damage to our roof. Does it make me nervous to see him so far up in a tree? Yes, it does. But the fact that he would put forth the effort to protect our home warms my heart.

This is another reason I love my hubby. He makes me laugh out loud when I least expect it. He stacks my mail on one side of our kitchen counter, and one day this week this magazine was waiting for me. He knows I'm not crazy about ol' Reba. I read her autobiography years ago and just felt that she was being dishonest about some things. My thought is if you're gonna write your own biography then you should at least tell the truth, or don't write it at all. Plus, now she's absolutely EVERYWHERE... she has a brand of clothes, a brand of boots, she's on a TV show... I just can't get away from her! So when I picked up an envelope and found this beneath it, I practically rolled on the floor with laughter.


A sweet welcome home...


While my husband and I continue to tear out fences, and re-do cabinets, and paint, and basically demolish our living space so we can re-build it to make it pretty again, it was such a sweet surprise to find this waiting for me when I came home from work one day last week. I have always loved pink roses. My mom gave me a tiny little pink rose bush as a birthday present last year. It is still in the same pot, but has grown a lot and produced this beautiful bloom. What a happy end to the day!



Comments

Popular Posts