Hello Again!

My mother-in-law always says she can tell how busy I am by how often I post to this blog. Obviously, then, my lack of recent posts should communicate that I've been uber busy. But that's a good thing! I was just talking to a co-worker today about how happy I am with my new job due to the facts that I have numerous, diverse tasks that involve creativity and writing. I am also able to get out of town once in a while and not be stuck behind a desk or in an office. I'm happiest when I'm busy, so things are fabulous!

On the homefront, the renovations continue. We now have grass in the backyard replacing the mud (WOOOO!!!!), the patio is covered, and my precious hubby is working on the landscaping. Indoors, I still have some painting to do, but there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel. I have finished the painting and tile work in both bathrooms, refinished/antiqued three sets of cabinets (one set I did a second time because I didn't like how they turned out the first time... yeah, I'm THAT girl), painted the hall walls, trim, and interior doors. As the hubby says frequently, "urban renewal is a process!" I still have to paint the trim and interior doors leading to the kitchen, which I will do in the next couple of weeks. Those are all the short-term projects. In the long term, I also plan to paint my bedroom and do something fun with the laundry room. (Not to be confused with doing something fun IN the laundry room. I mean, really, how fun could doing laundry possibly be?!) I can be creative in there with paint and textures, and possibly even murals... maybe bubbles? I don't know. It's still brewing in my head. Since it's a down-the-road project, I'm not in any hurry to figure it out. Perhaps I'll get to that in the fall, after I've enjoyed the swim season!


Speaking of the fall, my child will begin her senior year in high school in August of this year. Sigh... I've already warned her to be prepared for me to cry the entire school year. I cannot believe my precious Punkin' is almost grown. She celebrated her 17th birthday yesterday in big fashion. (See the photo above.) Her friends threw her a surprise birthday party at our church youth building. I tell ya, I prayed hard a couple of years ago that Emi would find a group of friends who loved and cared for her, and who loved the Lord. She found them this year, and her mom's prayers were answered mightily. It's been a pleasure to hear the words, "Hey, Mom, I'm going to hang out with Bay and Mack for a couple of hours," and "I'm going to pick up Kailee for church tonight." After all the drama that high school can bring, including the fact that girls who my daughter grew up with were talking behind her back and treating her like garbage, it is such a blessing to know that she finally found a few real friends.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I had the opportunity to actually sit by the new pool this weekend! I gotta say... it was pretty awesome. The water was still too cold for me, but even Lily enjoyed some time in the sunshine.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm gonna leave you with one more little tidbit. I attended a wedding a couple of weeks ago at a church in Minden. In the pew, along with prayer books and Bibles, was this book:


Now, I'm used to seeing the Baptist Hymnal and similar songbooks in church pews, but this one was unfamiliar to me. I picked it up to peruse the song list, and found this:



HA! I have never seen or heard of this song before, and it made me giggle right there in the church, pre-wedding. I'm sure there's a really good message behind the title, but I couldn't really find it. Probably because I couldn't read through the tears I shed from laughing so hard.

That's it for now! I plan to write a bit more in a day or two, depending on how busy I get. There are two topics that are bugging me right now, so I will try to find the time and the words to express them clearly. But here's a preview:

1. Bicycles on roads without bike lanes are dangerous, not only to the bicyclist, but to drivers on the road... especially young drivers like my daughter.

and

2. With all the talk in Washington and the media about the President wanting to cut entitlements, I just thought I'd remind people that Social Security is NOT an entitlement. Welfare and Medicaid are entitlements.

More on both later!




Comments

Popular Posts