A Little Horsing Around

I've been wanting to write about this for quite some time, but I've never been able to get a good picture to accompany the story. I still haven't taken a decent picture, but I think you'll still get the idea.

Okay, so here's the deal. I drive on "back roads" to get to and from work most of the time, so I can avoid the traffic on the interstate. On the corner of one of the intersections there is a house, with lots of stuff strewn all over the yard, and this:


This is a miniature horse that is ALWAYS in this yard, usually very close to the road. I took this picture with my iPhone from the driver's side of the car, farthest away from him. So you can see just how near to the car this mini-equine really is.

I don't get it. I don't get any single part of this situation.

Miniature horses -- really? Why? I mean, they're cute and all, and if a kid asked her parents for a pony (do they still do that?) then this would be a reasonable alternative, I suppose. But other than that, I just don't see the point of this animal. You can't ride it. I'm fairly certain you can't house train it. So... why? Why have a mini-horse? It seems all it does is poop and eat grass.

After seeing this sight every day for the past 5 years or so, the only thing I can figure is that the home owners use this poor animal as a lawn mower. Well, whatever blows their skirt up! I just wonder who's working the poop-scooper...

Comments

Popular Posts