Not sure whether to laugh or cry...


Well, this is just depressing. I have so much to do and so little time!

On my back to work from eating lunch recently, I spotted this camper parked on the interstate overpass, warning all the world in big red letters that our time was almost up. In the smaller letters (hard to read in this picture) we are told to "Read the Bible."

Hmmm.

I'm not sure what Bible this guy is reading, but mine clearly states that no one knows when Judgment Day will come.

In Matthew 24 (NIV):
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

and a little further:

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

So, while I appreciate this guy's enthusiasm and willingness to spread the word, I am certain that May 21 will not be the day of the second coming of Jesus. My question now is... what's he gonna do with this vehicle on May 22?




Let me state for the record that I am NOT 50 years old. I'm not even 45 yet. Or even 44. And I won't be 43 until my next birthday. So it seems the folks at AARP - an organization for adults over 50 - are a bit confused.

Don't get me wrong, I think the AARP is a fabulous organization. In fact, here is what I found on their website.

Some of the Benefits of AARP Membership:

•Insurance Coverage - Members can qualify for AARP-sponsored health, auto and homeowners programs.
•Advocacy in Washington - Get a seat at the table on issues like healthcare, retirement, and more.
•Travel Discounts - Great deals on airlines, car rentals, hotels, cruises and more.
•Bi-Monthly AARP Magazine - Subscription to the world's largest circulation magazine.

See? I mean, who wouldn't jump at the chance for all these benefits?!?!

I'll tell you who. ME. Why? Because I'm only 42 years old!

I'm not sure what mailing list I got on, or what I could have possibly ordered online that caused me to receive this sort of thing, but for the past couple of years my mail at work has included not only AARP material, but also magazines and catalogues for post-menopausal women and, my personal favorite, brochures for scooters. Betsy and Leah (the gals with whom I work) get so tickled when I receive this kind of mail because they are the ones who typically put it in my mailbox and listen to me rant and rave when I find it. It has become a running joke here at the office. Well, according to the mail, it wouldn't be a RUNNING joke, I suppose. It would be a scooting joke. Ha!

In honor of aging, here is one last picture that my daughter took about a year ago of my husband and me when we all went out to eat on a Saturday afternoon. It was so funny, I decided to make a restaurant advertisement out of it.

Comments

Popular Posts