Election Day

It's a very important day for our country. It's the day US citizens will decide who our next president will be. Voting is a privilege we have as American citizens to choose who leads our nation, and a right for which our forefathers fought. Have you voted yet?

I voted...TWO WEEKS AGO! My husband and I early-voted on October 24th after studying the ballot together the previous night. It was awesome! We walked into the courthouse at 5:15pm, cast our ballots, and walked out at 5:25, in plenty of time to eat our church family dinner. Joy! See, I detest standing in a line. I realize this is a problem within my own heart and has everything to do with my lack of patience. But I will go to extraordinary lengths to avoid waiting for anything. So I consider my husband's suggestion that we vote early one of his most brilliant moments EVER.

I voted for Mitt Romney. I believe our country is in trouble and heading in a scary direction, and I attribute that directly to our current president. I have listened to him take credit for things he did not do, and blame his lack of success on other people. The fact is that as CEO of the country he has not made things better, he has made things worse. If he was a college football coach he would be fired and replaced. If he was the manager at the local grocery store, he'd be fired and replaced. He has not done the job he said he would do, so it's time to give someone else the opportunity to try. Romney is a successful businessman with a Harvard law degree. I think he just might be the guy to turn it all around.

Aside from that, I just wholeheartedly believe that Mitt Romney is a better man, a better person. He worships God, and Jesus Christ as his personal savior. He doesn't just say the words, he lives them. I've read numerous first-hand accounts as to what kind of person Governor Romney is, stories from as far back as the late 60's and as recently as a few years ago. All of them talk about a kind, compassionate, faithful man. That's the kind of man I want running my country. Our country was founded on Christian principles, and thus, blessed from its beginning. But now that we as a nation have decided to ask God to leave... and He has honored our wishes... the USA has suffered greatly. I am asking God to come back into our country, back into our businesses, back into our schools, back into our hearts. I have done that in a tangible way by casting my ballot. I understand that the President of the United States must make decisions based on what's best for the country and its citizens, and not on his religion. But I also believe that if a person's personal life is based on faith in Jesus Christ, then his decisions will be divinely guided.

I don't know all there is to know about Mormonism. But I have done some reading on the subject in the past couple of months. My understanding is that the basic difference between their religion and mine is that I, as a Southern Baptist, believe in the Holy Trinity - God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), God the Holy Spirit as one. The Mormon faith teaches that Jesus Christ is the divine son of the one true God, but that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are three separate entities. There are other differences, but that is the basic, fundamental difference in the two religions, according to the material I have read on the subject. I do not agree with everything Mr. Romney believes. But we worship the same God, and both believe that Jesus is the Son of God and our savior who died on the cross for our sins. I think Mr. Romney will also ask the God we worship to return to and bless our country. 

So, I have cast my ballot and hope that you will do the same, if you haven't already. All there is left to do now is pray.

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:13-15


Comments

Popular Posts