I think I've seen it all

Okay, I've seen people doing all kinds of things while driving... talking on the phone, texting, putting on makeup and eating. But this took the prize.

My daughter and I were driving back from Canes the other day (I'm an addict... another topic for another day...) and what I saw in the driver's seat of an oncoming car as it passed, had me doing a double take.

The woman was flossing her teeth.

This is not a joke. And what I saw did not occur on a wide, four-lane highway, either. She was looking into her rearview mirror and using both her hands to de-funk her teeth while driving down a very busy, two-lane, curvy road at 5:15 in the evening. Unbelievable.

And kinda gross.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about flossing as a necessary part of dental hygiene... in the bathroom... over the sink. Anywhere else, though, and it's a bit disgusting. When you floss, you're basically flicking the nasty stuff between your teeth all over the place. Ick! So aside from the fact that the driver in question was endangering the lives of every other human being on the road, she was also creating a biohazard in her car.

The moral of the story? You should always keep your hands on the wheel, your eyes on the road, and the floss in the privacy of your bathroom. Oh yeah... and if you're the next person to drive the flosser girl's car, you may want to wear a safety suit.

Comments

Popular Posts