Quick update and a few quotes

First, let me just say WOOOOOOO!!!! While the doctor did indeed hurt me, really bad actually, some good definitely came out of the visit to her office. My blood pressure was back to normal. Of course, that could have something to do with the sedative I took before I got there, but I'll take it any way I can get it! Also, the nurse called yesterday with results from some tests they ran on me, and everything came back normal, A-OK. Apparently, I'm healthier than I have been in over 6 years.

YES!!! That's a relief.

So now, I just need to add more cardio to my workout to lower the heart rate a bit, and I'll be rock solid. Spring is on its way, so it will be a pleasure to tie on the running shoes and get back on the track. The last 6 months have been sort of a detox situation for me... stepping away from things/people that were toxic to me. I have taken the poisons from my life and have begun a renewal. Spring is not only a season to me now, it's a time of joy and of health. A time of new beginnings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few good quotes I've run across in the past few days. Hope you enjoy them!

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
~Anne Bradstreet

The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.

~Gwyneth Paltrow

The finest thing in the world is knowing how to belong to oneself.

~Michel de Montaigne, Of Solitude

The first time you buy a house you see how pretty the paint is and buy it. The second time you look to see if the basement has termites. It's the same with men.

~Lupe Velez

A mother's treasure is her daughter.

~Catherine Pulsifer

Comments

Popular Posts