..And a Happy New Year!!!

Well, I'm back!

I had nearly a three week break from work during which I chalked up a terrific Christmas, a very low key and fabulous New Year's Eve and NY Day, received lots of cool presents, gave some cool gifts, visited with family, and went to Dallas for the grand finale. And it was all great!

Here are a few highlights...

My husband and I went with my daughter and her high school competition squad to Dallas for the NCA National Cheer Competition this past weekend, where there were over 3000 cheerleaders and 225 squads yelling, dancing, tumbling and flying through the air. My daughter's crew competed in two categories - Game Time and Non-Tumbling. They WON the overall Game Time competition and placed third in the non-tumbling competition! They did an awesome job, and were awarded the coveted "black jackets" with "NCA National Champions" inscribed on the back. Lemme tell ya... those were some proud cheerleaders! The competition didn't end until Sunday afternoon, which put us on the road driving from Dallas to home in snow and ice. It was a bit scary, but we made it home safely, thanks be to God.

And speaking of my child, you may notice her hair looks a little different. During the break she decided to get creative with the color. She asked me if she could "change her hair," and showed me a picture of a girl with a dark auburn mane. I figured that as long as she didn't want a mohawk or dreads, and didn't want to turn it purple or green, then why not? So now my kiddo is a redhead. It looks great on her!

About Christmas...

I love Christmas. It is by far my favorite holiday. I love to decorate, I love to buy gifts for people I care about, and most of all, I love that it is a time to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I tend to stay a bit teary-eyed most of the time because of the enormity of it all, but that's a good thing!

What took me completely by surprise, though, was my spousal unit. My precious husband went a little crazy this Christmas and spoiled me rotten. Counting it all up, he gave me 2 pairs of shoes, a gorgeous pair of black boots, a black blazer, 10 dresses, a very cool belt, some extremely warm gloves and a comfy pair of slippers. I am quite lucky to have a hubby who has impeccable taste in clothes and shoes, and am even luckier that he likes to buy stuff for me. But I was seriously floored by all his attention. He took it a step further, too, and gave me a gift for and on each of the twelve days of Christmas. He was giddy, and it was sweet! And I was wonderfully surprised by it all. I've never gotten so many presents or felt so loved and appreciated!

In the giving department, I came up with quite a surprise gift for my daughter and hubby. See, they both love to color - with crayons and in coloring books. So I thought it would be a neat idea to have special books made for them both. In researching the idea online I found a great website, http://www.usingyourheads.com/, where you can send in pictures of people and have personalized coloring books made for them. So that's what I did!

The books have each of their names and faces on every page! They loved them, and spent much of the holiday break coloring their personalized books. I was proud. If you are ever looking for a creative gift for a child (or for an adult who likes to color) I highly recommend using this site. The folks there were really nice and helpful, and I received the books a week and a half after I placed my order.




Back to the daily routine...

So now I'm back at work. The holiday is over, but I'm rested and rejuvenated and ready to tackle this new year we have entered. I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts