Tagged

I've learned that Facebook isn't just for kids anymore. In fact, I have, in the very recent past, had a blast reconnecting with old high school buddies, people from my hometown who I don't get to see much anymore, and even my family members who live out of state. It's been a great way to keep in touch.

I was "tagged" by several people in my Facebook "friends group" to write a list of 25 random things about myself, which basically means they already wrote their personal lists and were asking me to do mine, too. I have included my list here. Maybe you will learn something new about me.

25 Random Things About Me

1. My feet are almost always cold.

2. I had lasik surgery in October of 2005.

3. I can sing (and have sung) in front of thousands of people, live and on television, for over half my life, but still get scared almost every time I walk onstage.

4. I love my daughter more than anything else on the face of this planet and am so proud of the person she is becoming.

5. One of my favorite meals is Big Al's Filet and a wedge salad from Copeland's. Oh, and a big hunk of their chocolate cake for dessert.

6. Working in TV news for 3 years made me realize I really don't like to be recognized in public places.

7. Along those same lines, I have a bit of social phobia... I get very nervous in crowds and don't like to mix and mingle. But planning large events and parties is a major part of my job description.

8. I'm a Chi-Omega, having pledged at LSU Baton Rouge.

9. I try really hard at everything I do, mostly because I'm so competitive and always want to be the best. But... (see #10)

10. I suck at sales.

11. I read the Twilight series and loved it. I even read books 1 and 4 twice because I just didn't want it to end.

12. I like Pepsi better than Coke.

13. I have avoided conflict most of my life, but am finally learning how to speak up. And it feels great!

14. My biggest pet peeve is when people smack their food or chew with their mouths open. (Ick!)

15. I cannot at all comprehend meanness.

16. I won't eat sushi, Brussels sprouts, liver or American cheese, because I have tried them all and found them repulsive.

17. I'm the 4th generation Linnea in my family; my daughter is the 5th. (Great Grandma was Alin Linnea, Grammy was Dorothy Linnea, Mom is Karen Linnea, I am Linnea Marie, Emi is Emily Linnea.)

18. I have 4 younger brothers who I love with all my heart.

19. I have the most fabulous cousins on the face of the planet, and wish I could see them much more often than I'm able to.

20. I've come to realize, only in the last few years, how much I truly miss my family and how much I miss being a kid.

21. I'm germaphobic. I flush public toilets with my feet, rarely touch a handrail unless it's with my wrist, and open all possible doors with a part of my anatomy other than my hands.

22. I'm a registered organ donor.

23. I REALLY hate to fly, because I had two horrible airplane experiences.

24. There was no girls' track team in my jr. high school, so I competed against boys to try and win a place on their team. I "impressed" the coach, was offered a spot on the team, and then decided I didn't want to do it after all. (My dad says I decided I'd rather be a girl, because that's when I tried out for the danceline.)

25. I was on the danceline my 7th and 10th grade years, and a cheerleader my 8th, 11th and 12th grade years.

Comments

Popular Posts