That's shocking!

I don't like winter time. Well, I mean, I like the clothes that go along with the cold weather - sweaters, jackets, boots - but I don't like being cold. And the cold weather causes us to need heaters, which, once turned on, bring about something else I despise... static. As you can see from the picture above, my dog is not too amused with it, either.

I came home to eat lunch Friday and found Lily on the couch with her head in the pillows, trying to dislodge the little blue bow out of her noggin. When she heard me come in, she looked up, and this is what I saw. I laughed so hard I nearly spit out my gum.

Static electricity is a pain. Literally. And it sticks to you like glue. Once it's on you, there's no getting rid of it. It has now lodged itself into both my robes, my favorite red wool coat, my brush... and now my dog. So everything I touch shocks me. I grabbed the door handle today and got such a jolt that I actually saw the spark. Hurt like a beast.

Another thing I don't like about winter...I don't like HAVING a cold. And it appears I've caught one. Sore throat, headache, body aches, runny nose... ugh. So now I feel cold, I have a cold, and everything I touch shocks me. In the grand scheme of things, though, it's all pretty minor. Because along with the stuff I don't like about winter, there are a few really great things: the fireplace, hot chocolate and warm blankets, all of which can make a person who's under the weather feel just a bit better.

And of course, when you live in Louisiana the winter is fairly short, and that leaves us with the beautiful promise of the coming spring.

Comments

Popular Posts