Knocked out by the Foreman Grill


I've wanted a George Foreman Grill ever since I interviewed the heavyweight champ's oldest son several years ago for my sports broadcast on KSLA TV. One of the questions I asked the original George, Jr. (all of Foreman's sons are named George... another story for another time) was whether or not his dad actually cooks on the grill bearing his name. He told me yes.

Now, he could have been lying to me, of course. But he was such a genuinely nice guy who seemed so fired up about it (pun intended) that I believed him. And since that time, I've wanted one.

I was convinced by several people who owned them not to buy one, however, because they were a beast to clean. But a few weeks ago I got a flier in the mail advertising the George Foreman Grill WITH REMOVABLE GRILL PLATES!!!

I wanted it immediately.

So when my mom asked me what I wanted for a birthday/graduation gift the words tumbled out of my mouth, a bit like Ralphie from A Christmas Story, who beamed every time he said "a Red Ryder carbine-action, 200-shot, range model air rifle with a compass in the stock!!!" Only for me what spilled out was, "A George Foreman Grill with EASILY CLEANABLE REMOVABLE GRILL PLATES!!!"

A bigger dork I could not be. Sad, I know.

Mom came through for me, and last night I grilled steaks in my kitchen. It was heaven! And the steaks turned out pretty tasty, too. Of course, the garlic steak butter and camelized onions helped with that. And yes, I understand that I put the fat right back into the steaks that the grill took out. But still... the grill rocked!

And here was the best part. The clean up was a snap. Literally. All you have to do is snap the grill plates off each side and wash and dry them. It was a breeze.

I purchased chicken, fish, shrimp and hamburger meat at the store yesterday and plan to use my new, fun kitchen appliance the rest of the week.

It's a lean mean grilling machine!!!

Comments

Popular Posts