Thankful for this day

It was a really quiet weekend. My daughter was gone, as she is most of the time these days, now that she's officially a teenager. I still can't really get used to it. I figured her constant absence wouldn't really happen until she reached driving age, but apparently they don't necessarily have to be driving to find somewhere to go. It seems there are always plenty of big brothers and sisters to do the driving duty. At any rate, it was quiet at my house, giving me plenty of time to think and write, do housework, and UGH!, laundry.

It's been a very quiet Monday at work, too, as it usually is. The club is closed on Mondays, so I get plenty of work done without interruption. And days like today make me REALLY thankful for my job. Today, in particular, there are two things that made my job exceptionally fabulous.

First... it's peach season here in Ruston. A few times per summer our owners go out to Mitcham's Farms and bring back boxes of the delicious fruit for us to sell to our members, so they don't have to drive all the way out there to the farm to get them themselves. What that means for me, is that I can purchase a box, too! There really is no better summer fruit than a ripe Ruston peach from Mitcham's. May I just say.... YUM!!! There is a fresh peach in my very near future.

Another reason today was so special for me was that one of my daily duties sent me out to the golf course. I didn't play, but it was the first time in a year that I've actually been able to set foot out there. See, I'm working on our brand new club website (which should be online by September) and needed to take a few more pictures of the course, the clubhouse and the grill. So, I grabbed the Pentax, hopped in a cart, and off I went! These are just a couple of the photos I shot today. The weather was gorgeous, and it was so much fun to just ride around and shoot.

As I got out of the cart each time to point and focus, it made me wish I had a club in my hand. I've begun my lessons again, and have been told to work from back to front. In other words, start with putting and chipping, then pitching, then driving, which is completely different from the way I started last summer. We'll see how it goes. I've been told I'm not too bad for having very little experience. In fact, my new teacher told me Saturday, "You're very trainable." I'm guessing that's a good thing. Either way, I'll keep working at it and hope to get a little better every time.

Right now I'm just thankful to be in a place where beauty surrounds me, and the opportunity to do something I enjoy, whether with a camera or a golf club, is always a cart path away.

It's completely peachy!!!

Comments

Popular Posts